If you’re looking for a way to include die-cutting instructions in your magazine, website, or other publication, the EDeN System is easily implemented. We are happy to provide technical writing services to validate your cutting instructions or provide you with the EDeN equivalents. Our goal is to increase the adoption of die-cutting across the quilting industry to help quilters & sewists complete their projects successfully.
How You Benefit as a Publisher
We are very active in the die-cutting community, and one of the common complaints we hear is how magazines and other publications don’t support die-cutting. They contain ads for these cutting systems, but there is rarely any mention of or help with die-cutting elsewhere.
It’s why the magazine Blocks to Die For has been so successful; it caters to the die cutting community. We can’t wait for the day that our magazine becomes obsolete when the industry adopts EDeN as the die-cutting standard!
When you adopt EDeN, you are:
- Attracting die-cutting quilters. Many die-cutting quilters don’t buy magazines or don’t subscribe because they don’t include information about die-cutting.
- Creating universal pattern instructions. Immediately open your patterns to quilters with any major die-cutting system. You don’t have to pick one or the other!
- Utilizing compact notation. Adding EDeN Numbers to your cutting instructions takes very little space. Let us show you how!
- Promoting industry standards. Just as the knitting, crochet, and rotary-cutting communities have aligned around standard naming & sizes, we need die-cutting to adopt a standard in order for it to spread more widely. EDeN is the standard we’ve been waiting for.
- Accessing a built-in community of support. The die-cutting community is thriving, and they love to support businesses that cater to their unique needs. We’re happy to list you in our directory, Find EDeN, with your name & a link to your website. We also have affordable website advertising rates. Please contact us for details.
Requirements for Including EDeN in Your Publication
We are happy to have you include EDeN instructions in your publication! We only have a few requirements for inclusion.
- You are allowed to use EDeN if you:
- Let us write an introductory article for your publication to introduce EDeN to your readership. We will tailor this article for you & follow your editorial standards, but we want to make sure EDeN is represented correctly before it is used. Payment for this article is to be at a negotiated rate.
- Use the EDeN name properly, as it is used across this site, including the trademark notice. Use of the logo is appreciated but not strictly required.
- Include a link to equivalentdienotation.com in your publication so that your customers can download the latest chart.
- Agree not to copy or publish the chart either whole or in part with your publication or on your website. You may, of course link to the EDeN Chart page as often as you wish. Please do not link directly to the PDF file.
- You must pay a nominal licensing fee if you wish to publish portions of the EDeN Chart in your publication or on your website. Please contact us for pricing.
- The licensing fee supports the maintenance of this site, provides you with unlimited updates during your licensing period, and insures EDeN is represented appropriately wherever it appears.
We can evaluate your publication for EDeN inclusion, validate die-cutting fabric requirements, and provide guidance on how to best support die-cutting quilters. We can provide technical writing services within your editorial guidelines, including the correct selection of EDeN Numbers for your cutting instructions, until your staff gains a comfort level with the system. We are also happy to train you in the use of the system so that you can perform these services on your own.